Early Childhood - 3rd Grade - Cooking as Practical Life Skills
All classrooms do food preparation.
- Early Childhood classrooms learn how to clean and cut a carrot, and then offer sliced carrot to other classmates. (Learning important safety skills as well as manners.)
- PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades make bread, cookies, or even a Thanksgiving Feast. The specific cooking projects vary depending on the classroom and the unit of study.
- Students learn to peel and slice apples
- Students learn to slice apples
- ...and how to safely use a knife
- Wow! Look at the pies they made!
See Also: Gallery of school pictures
4th - 8th Grade Cooking Class
4th - 8th grade students have a specific Cooking Class where they:
- Plan a well-balanced meal
- Budget and comparison shop
- Cook the meal
- Enjoy the meal, and practice good manners
- Clean up after the meal.
The students love it, and they learn so much from this experience!